1 October 2019
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.supportscaleup.com (“our site“).
Who we are and how to contact us
www.supportscaleup.com is a site operated by Clara Partners Limited (“we” or “us”). We are registered in Abu Dhabi Global Market with registration number 000002330 and have our registered office at WeWork Hub71, Level 15, Al Khatem Tower, Abu Dhabi Global Market Square, Al Maryah Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
No Legal Services
The content on our site is provided for general information.
It is not intended to amount to legal, tax and/or accounting advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action based on the content on our site. Your situation may be addressed by many different methods and professional or specialist advice is needed to choose the right one for you. If you choose a method that is unsuitable, you may face legal, financial, tax or other problems or liabilities at some point. The information on our site may not be appropriate for your situation and/or jurisdiction.
No Lawyer-client relationship
Your use of our site, and any email or other contact with us through our site, does not create any lawyer-client relationship between you and Clara Partners Limited. Any information provided to us will not be privileged or confidential unless you have a lawyer-client relationship with us. To become a client of Clara Partners Limited, we follow a process which includes agreeing an engagement letter with you and observing various professional responsibility requirements, including know-your-client and managing conflicts processes.
Our Existing Clients
If you are an existing client of Clara Partners Limited, you are very welcome to use our site. In doing so, you agree to the changes to these terms and to our engagement outlined in this paragraph. The content on our site is not legal or tax advice and you waive any right to claim the content represents legal services or advice. You are using our site at your own risk and doing so is no substitute for obtaining legal advice from us. We do not charge any fees to use our site and any legal fees or other payments made to us are entirely separate from your use of our site.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to any of our services and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
• Information we collect about you. For each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet Protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform; and
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from out site (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
• to meet our legal compliance obligations.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site secure; and
• to meet our legal compliance obligations.
• Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality or security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You are responsible for all information that you submit to us through our site, including having the rights and authority to provide such information to us, and you confirm that such information is not confidential. We will not be responsible, or liable to you, for the storage, deletion or accuracy of that information.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal business use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of the page(s) you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes (including public display or any other dissemination of our site) without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
You use our site at your own risk and Clara Partners Limited, its principals, employees and agents (“our group”) exclude all warranties, representations or other terms (whether express or implied) that may apply to our site or any content on it. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
We will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, our site; or
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
We will not be liable for:
• loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• business interruption;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
• any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
In relation to any Documents, we will not be liable in connection with any:
• change you make to a Document;
• information in a Document, including if it is not accurate, complete or up to date; or
• Questionnaire or Document being unavailable.
Do not rely on information on this site
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs, viruses or hacking.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may not link to our site without our prior written permission. Our site must not be framed on any other site without our prior written permission.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site, please contact email@example.com.
Acceptable use policy
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
• in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• to harm, or attempting to harm, minors in any way;
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
• to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our site;
• any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our site; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. If you use our site after the terms have been changed, you will be deemed to have agreed to them.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
Which Laws apply to any disputes?